Helping clients, around the world, shape the future of their business
Client Success Director
Sønr is growing and we need a senior member of the team to head up client success.
This is a key role – working directly with our Managing Partner.
We’re passionate about providing our customers with unique value and a great experience from Sønr – the market intelligence platform at the heart of our business. If we do this well, we know we’ll continue to be commercially successful.
What we need from you is to build exceptional relationships with your clients, and develop a keen understanding of their needs and how Sønr can help meet them now and in the future.
This is a busy and varied role so we’ve shared some specific examples of what this entails later on.
Understanding the insurance market is a must, as is recognising the value that Sønr’s data and services bring to our clients’ market scanning, scouting and open innovation activity.
You will need to demonstrate the commercial acumen required to help us build a sustainable business – supporting sales, and owning the development and retention of customers.
This is a role for you to make your own. You will be responsible for creating and delivering your plans and, as we grow, you’ll naturally need to build out your team as well as providing input to the shape of the wider business.
Behind Sønr is a team of entrepreneurs, industry practitioners and consultants who have built, run and exited some of the largest companies in the world.
Who we are
Sønr is the world’s #1 insurtech scanning and open innovation platform used by some of the best known insurance companies, globally. We track millions of companies around the world and provide insight on the latest market trends, the startups and scaleups reshaping the industry, and intelligence on how insurers are innovating.
Sønr also includes a suite of tools designed for global, distributed teams, helping them to be better connected and collaborate effectively. With access to this unique intelligence, our consultants, researchers and analysts also support our customers to discover and create new business opportunities.
As a business we’re early in our journey but already have an incredible list and big ambitions. We now need to build out a number of key hires to help us capitalise on the opportunities we see.
A day in the life of a CSD
It’s probably worth saying no day will look like another and are generally pretty full-on. The good news is that you’ll be working with a great team so if you relish that challenge and love working with like-minded people then it should also be hugely rewarding.
- You’ll need to develop a deep understanding of the Sønr platform, and our broader services (obvs)
- Gather feedback on Sønr from customers and prospects to feed our product development
- Work with the team on developing new features and functionality
- Planning and delivering every aspect of our customer’s experience of Sønr – from initial demo, building the business case, onboarding teams and supporting them through the duration of their license
- Building strong client relationships and planning and managing monthly reviews to take feedback, present insights and new ideas on how we can support them further or get more from Sønr
- Identifying, building and executing strategies to further client growth opportunities. This will include developing presentations and delivering pitches
- Helping us to focus on the most valuable needs/opportunities to solve
- Ensuring all customer queries and support requests are resolved within agreed SLAs by working with the wider Sønr team
- Ensuring all client comms are delivered on time – including weekly insights emails, quarterly reports and other hoc reports
- Creating annual and quarterly plans
- Planning and managing resource requirements and taking on future line management responsibilities
- Maintenance of an accurate forecast and CRM
- Working with our customers to identify opportunities to improve the platform, services and support
- Supporting Sales in pitching and winning new business
The skills you need
We’re a rapidly scaling SaaS business and need someone who can take on the challenge and demands that come with that.
Whilst you will be given full autonomy for your area of the business, your success will be determined by the value you’re able to bring to your clients. To be successful in this role you need 3 core competencies:
- Operational – be super organised and able to help others to work in a coordinated way across multiple projects.
- Strategic – understand the value we provide, able to diagnose the problems our customers are trying to solve and create plans that bring the two together and enable us to both grow and renew annual contracts
- Relationships – be able to galvanise the Sønr team around problems and opportunities but critically, to build and grow relationships with our customers at a senior level
We require you to be fluent in English, have previous experience operating at a similar level of responsibility within a client services/customer success role, and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of data, innovation and insurance.
Other things you should probably know
You’ll be joining a really open, friendly and immensely driven team.
We don’t have set hours, working remotely is no problem and you’ll get tonnes of holiday. Obviously we’ll give you the kit you need including a nice, shiny mac, mobile as well as benefits including pension and discretionary bonus plan. What’s more, you’ll also have access to some of the most influential and successful business folk in the world.
Got an idea for how we can make life at Sønr or the world a better place? Then share it – we regularly meet to discuss this and the business is ours to shape and you’ll be playing a key role in what it looks like.
And, naturally there will be fun stuff too – in the past we’ve done everything from weekends away to sailing around the med for a few days.
As for the salary – we can always make something work. Much will depend on your level of experience.